Do you clean your braces regularly? When implementing your brushing and flossing routine while wearing braces, exercise care and brush slowly and safety to avoid accidentally damaging them. Because flossing can be difficult with braces, it may be necessary to add an additional level of service such as mouthwash. In addition, follow these important tips to keep your braces clean and sturdy:
– Always wear safety equipment when playing contact sports or doing high-risk activities, including mouth guards, face masks, helmets, and any other safety gear that is essential to protect your mouth.
– If any wires break or snap off your braces, cover the broken end with a dab of wax and call your orthodontist immediately.
– Always attend any meetings that you have with your orthodontist.
– Avoid foods and snacks that can get easily trapped in between your braces and teeth, including chewy candies, hard or tough foods and snacks, and various types of nuts.
– Even with braces, you still must brush your teeth twice daily and floss once daily.
– Always try to clean your retainer and keep it clear from bacteria and contamination.
Make sure to take good care of your braces. For more information about orthodontic treatments, or to schedule an oral exam with Dr. Wendy Chen and our team at Wendy Chen Orthodontics, give us a call at 817-581-4031. Our office is conveniently located in Colleyville, Texas. We look forward to hearing from you soon!