Welcome to Wendy Chen Orthodontics, where we are pleased to offer high-quality orthodontics for our patients in Colleyville, Texas. We offer traditional braces, clear braces, and Invisalign® to help you fix your pearly whites. Patients may benefit from braces to fix cosmetic issues, and others for the medical fixes.
What might cause you to need orthodontic care?
- You lose your baby teeth too early in life, and your adult teeth took a while before coming in, resulting in adult teeth that are crooked or sideways.
- Your teeth are crowded or crooked (malocclusions). Do your teeth sit sideways? Do they overlap each other? This makes your teeth difficult to clean and floss, which makes them more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disease, and persistent bad breath.
- Your teeth are spaced too far apart. If your teeth are too small or there are big gaps in between your pearly whites, this can cause problems with your jaw and bite function.
- Your jaw shifts and makes noise during movement (jaw misalignment, disorders of the jaw joints), and improper chewing can cause stomach problems and jaw soreness.
- You are constantly biting the insides of your cheeks, are always hitting the roof of your mouth, or have a hard time chewing your food –these are indications of bite issues, whether overbite or underbite. A misaligned bite pattern can damage the gum tissue and cause muscle strain resulting in headaches.
While orthodontic problems can be genetic, they may also arise over time as a result of poor nutrition, trauma, dental decay, breathing through the mouth due to an airway disorder, and thumb or finger sucking. There also just might not be enough room in your jaws for those pearly whites.
At Wendy Chen Orthodontics, Dr. Wendy Chen and our team are ready to help your smile with our high-quality orthodontics in Colleyville, Texas, and the neighboring communities. If you would like more information, or to schedule a visit with our dentist, please call us at a location nearest you!
In Colleyville: (682) 503-8505.
In Plano: (214) 299-0321.